Pages

Friday, December 30, 2011

2011: In Blog Posts

Tomorrow, we'll wrap up 2011.
We'll send it out with a BANG!
And we'll welcome 2012 with open arms.

In celebration of that this week I have been looking back on 2011.
Tomorrow, I will post my resolutions for 2012.
But today I have a confession ....

I have another blog.

You may have already known that. But I do.
I love to write, and I started my blog in February 2011.
I chose to begin another blog in August because I knew my family would not appreciate the content that I wanted to post. So, I chose to go by Anon Y. Mous for awhile. Today, I'm looking back at 2011 through my previous blog posts. Most of which were posted at my other blog. I didn't steal this content. It belongs to me. 

So, here is 2011 in blog posts.
Enjoy!


JANUARY: I wasn't blogging anywhere in Jan 2011 so there is no blog post for this month.



FEBRUARY: Tennessee Bound
 
February 11, 2011
Just as soon as I finish this I will be throwing all my warm clothes in a bag and headed to Tennessee! It’ll be my first time making this trek, so I’m still a little nervous. But the awesome weekend festivities that lie ahead of me will definitely make up for the long drive. I’m going to keep this really short today because my to-do list is atrociously long. I’m really only posting today because I mentioned yesterday that I would begin my 100 day challenge today, and I’m trying to kick my procrastinating ways.

Day 01 – A picture of yourself with fifteen facts

1. I will lose all my teeth (according to my dentist) and probably my life (according to Joyce) because of my addiction to Mountain Dew.

2. I’m struggling with being content with what I have even though my rational mind knows I’m super blessed.

3. I haven’t bitten my nails in a month. Will this last forever? Maybe.

4. I’ve fallen in love with eBay.

5. I go a little crazy in the kitchen. My whole family needs to use the Wii workout games more often to counteract my sugar overloads. (And no I’m not calling anyone fat!)

6. I can’t find anything in my room. It’s atrocious.

7. I love music especially the kind with awesome lyrics, but I appreciate all kinds thanks to my music geek sister.

8. I love my sister. She’s my better half. But when she has kids, I won’t be the one raising them and supporting them. Remember this, June, you can be a bum till you have kids then you better be bumming off someone other than me. hehe. Iloveyou!

9. I love Valentine’s Day! It’s never been a romantic holiday for me. Just one filled with love.

10. My life is filled to overflowing with wonderful people who I love!

11. I love being around people who like me for who I am – people I don’t have to pretend around.

12. My parents are awesome! (Yes, I know.)

13. Tybee Island is my home away from home. If I could afford to, I would live there forever.

14. I did my own taxes.

15. I eat sugar for breakfast. Sugar and Mountain Dew. Breakfast of Champions.


MARCH: Happy Birthday!

March 23, 2011

Happy Birthday, PB!

26 years. Happy Birthday!!
Where do I begin? I’m truly grateful that God brought you back into my life. My reasoning for that is probably quite selfish. However, I do want to thank you for opening my mind, for teaching me to not judge others but instead to show love and mercy as God has shown me. In so many ways you and I are alike, I love that about you [Lol, that didn't sound self-involved at all ;) ]. Your honesty still takes me by surprise but it’s also the characteristic of yours that stands out the most to me. Your wild child ways are slowly giving way to the responsible adult you’re becoming. You’re sweet, kind, caring, honest, trustworthy, hardworking, and generous. And today we celebrate you!
Happy Birthday, baby! I pray that God blesses you with many more birthdays and that you will always follow His direction and will in your life! I love you.


April 28, 2011

When you put personal things on the internet, they are no longer personal. For that reason, I am trying to censor my thoughts as I post daily. However, I feel like I’m doing myself an injustice. When I look back on this years from now, I want to be able to see my raw feelings. And if that means that I have to show them to the world (since I’ve never been an organized journalist), then so be it. Two days after I turned 24, the man who stole my heart decided he didn’t want me anymore. I could probably have handled just about anything, but he made it clear that I was no longer his first choice (or any choice for that matter). And I couldn’t handle that. We have a tumultuous past at best, so I feel like I should have been more prepared for this. But I wasn’t … the past few days have been all across the board. But I’ve made it to today. And today looks like this ….

“It’s a fricking rollercoaster!!!
I’m ok one day and wallowing in self-pity the next.
One moment I’m so mad at him I can’t see straight and the next I’m wishing he would call.
I’m losing my mind.
But I knew better.
I knew better.
I told myself to stay away from those blue eyes.
I know what they do to me.
I knew I would fall.
I knew it would hurt.
I wanted to believe that he could love me forever.
But I’m just not that kind of girl.
Joyce is hell bent on hooking me up.
So, I tested the waters last night.
I hunted down my most trusted DB’s.
And I did what it took to make them say nice things about me.
But it meant nothing.
I couldn’t even get my usual high.
Apparently, somewhere in the last 4 months, I changed. A lot.
I’ll be okay. But I don’t want anyone new.
I don’t even want the DB’s.
Oh I know there will be nights when they come in handy.
And I know there will be a time when I’m ready to feel those butterflies again.
But not now. Now, I don’t want anything except him.
Silly? Yes. Stupid? Hyeah!
But I won’t lie.
If I could figure out how to push his buttons, I’d do it in a heartbeat.
Even if it wasn’t real. Even if it wasn’t love.
I swear I said once that I didn’t want to be this girl anymore.
But that’s what I get for falling into those blue eyes once again.”


May 16, 2011

[1] And the countdown has begun …

In 3 short days, I will leave OSFA and start a new chapter in my life. I’m completely emotional, super nervous, and very excited! It’s hard to be “business as usual” with such inner turmoil.

[2] Oreo Balls

The men at fire station 3 are going to love me :) I finally broke down and made another batch of Oreo balls. Just for them. Of course now I have Oreo bits all under my finger nails … makes me look tough ;)

[3] Alcohol

This may offend you, but I’m not sure that I care. My personal opinion goes like this … I think a person who has to drink to get over someone (or something) is a pansy/wuss/wimp/etc. If you can’t handle emotional pain without alcohol, then you are more of a girl than I am. And that is pathetic.

[4] Congrats to BPC & UGA grads!

We traveled to the great metropolis of Mount Vernon, GA this past weekend to watch some very special friends graduate. And nearly all cried when the Christina received the very last of the Bachelor’s of Music from Brewton-Parker College. While I was 3.5 hours away, some great friends and colleagues graduated from the college of the red and black! Congratulations to all you bulldog alumni! I know you all worked super hard (total understatement) for that piece of paper :)

[5] If you are what you eat …

then I’m Italian this week. Pasta, pasta, pasta!

[6] That’s a wrap!

My brain is taking a long weekend so that’s all I have for today :) 

JUNE: Macaroons

June 16, 2011

If you’re looking for a way to make me fall in love with you …. here it is.
Hunt down a thousand of these little suckers and present them to me as the best “for-no-reason-at-all-honey” gift EVER. I might marry you on the spot. Or if marriage isn’t your thing then I would simply love you for the rest of my life :) 



 July 11, 2011

{1} Moving is for the birds.

Two weekends of moving parties has made me want to put off my own. I would definitely prefer to schedule my moving party sometime OTHER than the middle of a Georgia summer. However, if I met the perfect house today and was given the chance to move tomorrow, I’d do it in a heartbeat. Maybe I could even rope some friends into helping me ;)

{2} I like big trucks, and I cannot lie.

‘Tis true. If DB #12′s truck suddenly goes missing, I did not steal it. Of course I’ll have to rehearse my statement about having no recollection of the events or actions of which I am being accused. Seriously, though, I had the opportunity to drive around in DB #12′s truck Saturday, and now I want one [see here]. His F150 drives like a dream, and I look darn good in it! If the gas needle didn’t fall so fast, I’d definitely put it on the TOP of my “next car to buy” list!

{3} I might have control issues.

This has been established due to my intense paranoia when riding on ATV’s or in vehicles operated by someone OTHER than me. I originally chalked my “Oh-My-Gah-I’m-Gonna-Die” attitude up to pure wimpiness but have since decided that if I were driving said car/truck/four-wheeler/etc I’d be flying like a race car driver and LOVING it! Hence the reason I do believe that I may have a few minor control issues. (Le Señor is reading this going “Duh, girl, I’ve been telling you that you’re a control freak FOREVER”.)

{4} Love is spelled “G-R-I-L-L” in my book.

Currently, I’m lusting after the pork chops that will be grilled up and waiting for me when I get home tonight. Yum! There’s nothing better than food cooked on the grill in the summertime. When I host my own housewarming party (which I know is practically immoral in the book of Southern etiquette), if you want to give me a grill (and a man to work it) I would definitely move you right up into the “Best Friend of All Time” spot.

{5} You turn my brain to mush ….

and not in a good way. I have spent a good deal of time with DB #12 this weekend. And I swear to goodness that man’s lack of vocabulary and intense stupidity disregard for common sense make me stupider the longer I’m around him. I think he’s secretly a zombie in disguise. He is turning my brain to mush, so he can drink it as a slushie. I realize that this sounds super harsh, but it’s a fact [not my opinion] (well it may be sorta my opinion ….. but I’m not alone). And just because I know le sibling LOVES it I’m inserting the zombie song for your listening pleasure.

{6} The search begins again …

Movie night is rolling around again, and I need a G-rated movie that teenagers won’t throw a hissy fit about. I’m beginning to think this is nearly impossible. However, if you know of ANY decent movies, I’d appreciate your input. In the end, I’ll just force them to watch whatever I can get my hands on which is why they love me dearly.


August 12, 2011

Wow, it’s hard to believe that today is Friday. This week has just flown right on by. Okay so a quick recap of yesterday and then I’ll dive right into Q & A’s. I think now that I’ve had a day to distance myself from the situation that I can right this without it being just a long, drawn out rant.

Yesterday morning, I let Le Señor borrow my car. [Note to self: Don't let ANYONE borrow your car.] At about 9:30 my phone rang and a kind gentleman who works at the FC Courthouse informed me that my car was in their parking lot, he had my keys, and I needed to get the car before 5 or it would be towed. Keep in mind I’m 45 miles away from the FC Courthouse and that I have no car. My day quickly turned into a call, tell my story, and beg like the dickens day. I established that my total “real friend” count is not a 2 digit number.

After being turned down more times than I could count, I was beyond upset. So, of course I did what I always do when life sucks. I hiked my butt down to the H/H Academic Bldg and set my butt down at Joyce’s desk. I poured my heart out and she agreed to help as a last resort. I know that Joyce doesn’t have much leave time and that she needs it for her grandbabies. So, I originally told her not to worry I would find someone. Which led to a lot more calling and a few people who genuinely cared but were unable to help for reasons such as sickness and distance. Of course just as many people I called didn’t care at all. Why did I think these people were my friends? By the end of the day I was calling people I didn’t know at all. And doing everything in my power to get in touch with Le Señor’s parental units (not an easy task).

Fast forward to the point where I gave up and called Joyce and cried and begged. Then I called her boss and begged him to let her off work. She took leave for me and drove her precious car all the way to FC so that I could have a nice little chat with the sweet man who was holding my keys hostage (if you can’t see the green slime here then you need to invent a sarcasm font RIGHT NOW).

Secure in Emmie with Le Señor’s belongings, I set off to find his parents. An hour and a half later, I finally had the details on Le Señor, I had handed off his wallet (sorry boo I just didn’t think I need to be the one to hold that), and had learned many, many lessons. Le Señor and I will be having a lengthy conversation in the [hopefully] near future.

In the meantime, all’s well that ends well. And Emmie and I have been happily reunited. And since today is Friday and Mrs. M was quite optimistic today (and I’m borrowing some of her optimism), let’s answer some questions. Seriously, join up with any of these hops they are all fantastic!!

 
Birthday Edition. Happy Birthday, Lauren!
1.   My most favorite birthday was my 21st. I was surrounded by friends with a boyfriend who tried really hard to make it special. It was pretty much downright awesome. And I still love the pictures from that night.

2.  My worst birthday was somewhere between 18 and 21 (most likely 19). It was one year when I didn’t plan my own party and my parents just took me out on the town. Of course Sibling didn’t come home either and that year the wife was hiding out as well. Thankfully baby cousin came with us or I would have lost it. Oh and we ran into my ex and his then girlfriend who had once been my friend (i had affectionately renamed her “slut”) Ah …. Drama!
3.  My favorite birthday memory is   the appearance of the purple bag. That tradition is my favorite and always makes me feel special.
4.  The best birthday present I’ve ever received was my bread maker! Hands down. I love it!
5.  The  best birthday present I’ve ever given was Carlitos who is a netbook. Adorable, stubborn, and all around perfect!
6.  Birthdays are  the greatest inventions EVER! They’re kind of my favorites. I love, love, love them! And I don’t care whose they are. I think they should be giant celebrations that go on for days.
7.  My favorite age so far has been 24. Honestly, I can’t think of an age I didn’t like, but I like to believe each age is better than the last. And 24 has been pretty awesome (in a rocky kind of way)!

1. When I was younger, I always wanted a pony. Seriously! Of course after a disastrous ride on a Camp Maranatha horse, I was scared silly of the boogers. But I still wanted a cute little Shetland pony!
2. I don’t remember the last time I had a boyfriend that my family liked …
3. During a good dream when the alarm clock goes off, all I want to do is hit the snooze button and go back to bed.
4. The days of old remind me of dirt ceilings. Yes I know my sense of humor is strange, but this cracks me (personally) up. So deal with it.


September 21, 2011

“If I wake up in World War III
I see destruction and poverty
And I feel like I want to go home
It’s okay if you’re coming with me
‘Cause your love is my love
And my love is your love
It would take an eternity to break us
And the chains of Amistad couln’t hold us”
- “My Love is Your Love” by Whitney Houston

Today I’m loving that I get to spend two hours with my teenagers :) 

I’m loving that Hannah & Jimmy are getting married this weekend!

I’m loving that my mother taught me that things don’t magically happen. You have to actually do something to make something happen!!!

I’m loving that I totally just summed up my afternoon rant in a sweet little “I’m loving ..” statement.

I’m loving that I have my first office party this Friday night!

I’m loving that Tay woke up early today so he’s pestering the bejeezus out of me [That's not sarcastic. I'm 
really loving that!]

I’m loving that I managed to get two of my cavities filled earlier this week and that I set up an appointment for my crown. I’m loving this in that it will hopefully stop my teeth from hurting so bad I want to go on a killing spree.

I’m loving that Twelve bought my dinner last night. And I got to try Checkers for the first time. Their fries might be the absolute best ever!!!

I’m loving that I only have one class tomorrow night. Maybe I will have a chance to actually bake for the party.

I’m loving that I get to spend Mondays at my parents’ house watching DWTS.

I’m loving that gas is down to $3.29 in G-ville.

I’m loving that soon my walls will not be so dawggone bare!

I’m loving that next month I’m heading to Tennessee [twice!].

I’m loving that I finally rearranged our office supplies and moved the majority of them OUT of my office!!!

I’m loving that I just looked out my window and say a few leaves that are red/orange/yellow!

I’m loving that I am in such a loving mood today.

And most of all I’m loving the amazing people who put a smile on my face daily :) 


October 3, 2011

  1. Twelve spent the weekend in SC with his mom. And has therefore been out of the loop of the daily Queen drama, so he’s headed into Athens today to take me to lunch and catch up on the insanity of my life. [Read: Free lunch! Yay!]
  2. Chess squares are going to be the death of me. I love them! Maybe just a little too much.
  3. I picked up all the Sibling’s rugs the last time I was at le casa de parental units. And I’m going to have to pull out my “house socks” because apparently hardwood and tile floors are COLD when the temperatures drop!
  4. In 4 days I will be in TN chillaxing with le Sibling! I’m stoked :)
  5. I am cooking at my parents’ house tonight. And I am looking forward to being able to cook in a fully stocked kitchen. Ah the little things!
  6. Dancing with the Stars is on tonight! It eats up my only free night, but I love it just the same.
  7. I’ve fallen in love with “Hart of Dixie” …. It’s my new favorite show.
  8. My childhood best friend is getting married in a few short weeks. And I’m not in the least bit jealous. I used to think I would be and in the past I have been jealous of girls who were getting married, but right now I’m very happy where I am in life. I’m blessed with a kooky best friend who drives me NUTS and who I occasionally want to kill but who doesn’t judge me. I have the best sister in the world – hands down – no argument! And the most awesome family/church/crew who also attempt to make me lose my sanity but who love me unconditionally. And I have the greatest boy ever. He’s ah-mazing! And I am so thankful to call him mine even if there are a few miles between us at the moment. Oh oh and I have a kickbutt house and frickin’ fantastic job! Life as a SWF is GOOD! [But Congrats to Robyn & Marcus!]
  9. I have new boots! I have them on today and at the moment I’m fearful that they are the source of the gasoline smell that is overpowering me. Hmmm … I’m hoping the heat in this building to blame for the smell. Either way my boots are awesome.
  10. I totally went on a red and black shopping spree last weekend … My grocery budget did not love that.
  11. Fall decor is slowly creeping into my house and my office. And the leaves outside my window are becoming red and orange. Makes me feel blessed to live in a climate that experiences Fall.
  12. Today is Airman’s birthday! I do believe he is 23 this year. Lord help us all. We are getting old fast! LOL. Happy birthday, A! Hope you have a fantastic birthday filled with surprises and excitement [and not TOO much work].
  13. My parents’ anniversary is this weekend! I forget how long they have been married … It’s been over 30 years I do believe.
  14. Our friendly neighborhood “Michael” [who is actually named Thomas] has stopped by and is bending the ear of Dr. A who is across the hall from me. Oy vey! I’m going to know this kid’s life story backwards and forwards soon.
  15. And as a final note [both to get me to my magic # of 15 and to give me an outlet for a little venting], it is noon and Twelve is still 15 minutes away with some idiotic plans of parking for free downtown [haha!]. I hate going to lunch late, so I’m borderline pissed! And on that note welcome to Monday :) Hope you all have Marvelous Mondays and that you don’t have to wait on idiots!
NOVEMBER: Day 8: Le Mail

November 8, 2011

 
sweet Halloween cards that my broked mailbox finally spit out and happy letters from Le Señor. I’m super thankful that he’s out of his funk and that my bestest friendly texted me last night! I have missed our text dates :) 

DECEMBER: Graduation Time

December 16, 2011

My little sister graduates today. As you read this, I am sitting in the field house at Carson-Newman College waiting for her name to be called. As I write this, tears are welling up in my eyes. The roller coaster ride that this graduation prep has become has kept my emotions at bay, but as I sit here and begin to think of how extremely proud I am of my little sister the tears threaten to spill.
June has always been “My Baby!” ever since she was little and I wanted to tote her around like a great big baby doll. We’ve had our share of ups and downs. Our years of icky little sister and bossy big sister. But somewhere along the way my baby sister became my very best friend. June has always been the brains of the family, so we should have all seen this coming … She started playing the piano eons ago and was fantastic from the get go. As a beginner, she was painfully shy and prone to temper tantrums. It’s hard for people to believe that now, but I promise it’s the truth. Her talent, however, shone through her tantrums and shyness. I spent a good deal of time in piano recitals. When she moved away from home to go to Brewton-Parker College, we were all shocked. June has always been a homebody so the thought of her moving 4 hours away from home was unheard of. But she did. And she cried the whole first year … But the next year was better. And during the years spent there she made some of the best friends. When Brewton-Parker did away with the school of music, we weren’t sure June would recover. But she did and moved far, far away AGAIN. This time out of state. She began attending Carson-Newman College and worked harder than hard to finish up her degree. At the end of her last semester of classes before student teaching, we were all a little worried about June as a teacher or even in a classroom daily. However, this semester of student teaching has proven that my baby sister can surprise even me. The woman who stands in my little sister’s shoes today is confident and capable. She is calm and collected. She is sarcastic and nurturing. She has a wide circle of friends and people who love her in two different states. She has worked very, very hard. And she is now a college graduate!
I’m so very proud of you, JuneBug! And I love you very much!




Happy New Year!
- Babygirl -

2 comments:

  1. I have been reading for a little bit (this blog) what is your other blog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. bride4life, Google apparently ate half my blog post. I've restored it. Feel free to click on any of the blog post links to take you to my other blog :) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete