Pages

Thursday, December 22, 2011

A Christmas Letter

Dear PB,

I'm sitting at my desk today enjoying the quietness of my office. The hustle bustle is over. The students are gone. The professors are heading out, and I am playing catch up. I have Christmas cookies on the table, and I've even donned a festive sweater. It is indeed the time of year to celebrate our Savior's birth. I believe that may be the reason that the thought of you not being home for Christmas has not knocked me off my feet. For me, Christmas isn't about me and you. It's about God. Of course, I love the traditions of Christmas and can't wait until you're home to make new traditions with me. I have already bought our first Christmas ornament. You'll love it, sweetie. I know you will. But even though this Christmas finds us worlds apart, I pray that you will remember who this season is really all about. I pray that you will have a Christ-centered Christmas, darling. I know that He is the Prince of Peace and the only one who can bring peace and joy. And that, sweet baby, is what I pray God will give you. Peace, Joy, Hope. And while I can't give you material gifts this Christmas, I pray that you know that my gift to you this Christmas is Love. Unconditional, undying love. 

I love you, PB. You are my smile, my sunshine, and my heart. You are one of the greatest gifts I have ever been given, and I am so very thankful for you!

Love always and forever,
Babygirl

No comments:

Post a Comment